Orthodontic Societies (Country)
Orthodontic Societies (Other)
European Journal of Orthodontics
One of the leading periodicals in its field, The European Journal of Orthodontics publishes scientific papers aimed at all orthodontists. The journal provides a forum for orthodontists in Europe where many developments are taking place, but also accepts papers from all parts of the world.
(Journal of the Japanses Orthodontic Society)
What is NEBEOP?
The Network of Erasmus Based European Orthodontic Postgraduate Programmes comprises a group of postgraduate programmes in orthodontics that deliver a structured postgraduate educational programme in orthodontics according to the Erasmus programme for postgraduate education in orthodontics in Europe as published in the European Journal of Orthodontics 2014;36:340-349.
The member programmes are represented by their programme directors or orthodontists assigned by institutes which deliver a structured programme in orthodontics and who are members of the European Orthodontic Society in good standing.
The primary concern of the network is education that is specific to the specialty of orthodontics, and its main purpose is the advancement of orthodontic postgraduate training in Europe.
The objectives of the Network are the following:
- to strengthen the level of postgraduate training in orthodontics in Europe
- to advocate NEBEOP guidelines that promote optimal postgraduate training in orthodontics in Europe (European Journal of Orthodontics 2014;36:340-349)
- to exchange information on the educational content of postgraduate programmes in orthodontics
- to establish educational collaborations between orthodontic programmes in Europe (common courses, exchange of teachers, e-learning, etc)
- to serve as a knowledge platform to bodies involved in postgraduate training in orthodontics in Europe
- to strive for inclusion in this Network of all institutes providing orthodontic education in Europe
to seek cooperation with comparable or other orthodontic networks and organizations in other regions and countries.
- Appendix 1 – Application form for provisional membership
- Appendix 2 – Self-assessment guide
- Appendix 3 – Site visit guide
What is EFOSA?
EFOSA is a European organisation, representing over 11,000 specialist orthodontists and national societies of Professional Orthodontist Associations in Europe. EFOSA represents all of the national societies of Professional Orthodontist Associations in Europe and helps within Europe to defend the specialty of orthodontics in the largest possible meaning.
EFOSA is represented by its member societies in an elected Council. Our general annual meeting is held each year at the EOS Congress, where our members meet to discuss the current status of orthodontic speciality training and recognition as a specialty, promoting and presenting research and discussion of research topics, orthodontic areas of concern affecting the public, education and protection of the public.
The current president of EFOSA is Melissa Disse. There is a strong link with the European Orthodontic Society. The President of EFOSA is a Co-opted Member of the EOS Council while a member of the EOS Council serves as a Co-opted Member of the EFOSA Council.
Our mission and goals:
• To obtain official recognition of orthodontic specialists in all countries in Europe and support orthodontists in training
• Providing and promoting orthodontic treatment by orthodontic specialists of the highest quality
• Defending the professional, political and economical interest of orthodontic specialists
Find out what events are happening in 2023 & 2024
Become a member of the EOS and find out the benefits of membership
Grants & Awards
Find out about our grants & awards